It’s truly amazing how your mind can open up and your point-of-view can change with a little background information and some guidance. Whether you’re touring through the internationally-renowned Sistine Chapel or through a historical region rich with deep cultural heritage and mystery, a guided tour is a must if you want to leave with a valuable lasting impression.
Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa is one such region where participating in a guided tour is a must. The history behind its existence coupled with the impression it has on you as you observe it first hand, is what makes the strongest impact. It’s amazing how Cape Town can truly speak to you once you begin to understand the cultural heritage and historical background, and how its past has shaped the region into what you see today.
At the end of your tour you’ll leave with a wealth of knowledge you otherwise would have never had if you decided to view the area on your own without a knowledgeable guide. Although many city tours throughout Africa don’t necessarily require a guide, a Cape Town City and Table Mountain tour is highly-encouraged for visitors in the area who want to experience the authenticity of the region.
One of the most highly-acclaimed tour providers in Cape Town is Cape Fusion Tours. Their knowledgeable and friendly guides ensure you discover all the wonderful elements that make Cape Town and Table Mountain historical and cultural icons. On their off-the-beaten-path tours, you won’t be lectured with boring or popularly known facts found in dusty history text books. You’ll get a rare insight into the region’s profound history and its intricate wilderness.
Why take advantage of a guided tour through Cape Town City and Table Mountain? Simple.
• The rich cultural heritage you’ll become acquainted with. Home to some of the world’s most inspirational cultures, a guided tour through Cape Town provides you with the exceptional opportunity to learn about the indigenous people by interacting and observing them in their daily lives. You’ll also discover the stories and legends of past generations from their living relatives. During your tour, you’ll learn about various art forms and their historical and cultural significance, as well as the lifestyle of certain cultures and how those lifestyles came to be.
• The opportunity to enjoy a guided view of Table Mountain as you journey up the rocky mountainside in a rotating cable car. Each cable car has the ability to fully rotate, giving you the opportunity to see 360 degrees around you. On your cable car trip you’ll see stunning gardens, death-defying cliffs, and playful dassies—furry brown creatures that live on the mountain whose closest relatives are elephants.
You’ll also learn about the history of the cable car and the grounds beneath you as you venture up the mountainside. And awaiting you at the summit is one of the most stunning and indescribable views in the entire world.
• The safety and convenience factors. Because there are 350 routes up the mountain, having a guided tour is highly recommended, as it can be extremely difficult and sometimes dangerous to navigate the mountain on your own. And not to mention the headache of choosing which path to take, out of the 360 different ones! When you experience Table Mountain on a guided tour, you can rest assure that your family is safe. The elimination of the stresses of getting lost or hurt allows you to relax and truly enjoy your trip.
• The deep insight into Malay Quarter’s fascinating evolution into what it is today. You’ll discover how religious influences, changes of European power, and slavery all worked to shape this region into the place it is today.
• The exciting history of The Castle of Good Hope. This military fort relic, which was built between 1666 and 1669 by the Dutch East India Company, was the main protection for Cape Town and was constantly threatened by outside forces. Capturing the combination of the structure’s fascinating history with the sheer size and intricate architecture of the castle can only be experienced while on a guided tour.
• The beauty and captivating scent of the flower market. Over the past 100 years, flower selling has become a cultural tradition on Cape Town’s Adderley Street. On this walking tour you’ll discover the cultural heritage of Adderley Street and meet vendors known for their friendliness and humor, and you’ll have the opportunity to purchase their vibrantly colored flowers.
• The local crafts and works of art at the Green Market Square. Originally Cape Town’s first fruit and vegetable market, Green Market Square is a sensational place to go for cultural enlightenment. Today, it is a market offering African goods and art, and is surrounded by charming cafés that invite visitors to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and socialize. On your guided tour, you’ll uncover the large impact Green Market Square has on the local community, as well as the local economy.